Stained Eggs



Tomorrow is the Spring Equinox, and also the Iranian New Year, or Norooz. This welcoming of Spring and celebration of rebirth are celebrated with two weeks of festivities. The Haft Sin is a table set up with various symbolic items and today, as Erika and I were setting this table up, I realized that we hadn't decorated any eggs. We set to work on these eggs with art tissue paper and water.



I put the hard boiled eggs in an old egg carton and the girls wet them with water and a paintbrush and applied small pieces of the tissue paper.



We left them to dry, went out to play, and ended up with these wonderful eggs when we came in! Don't they kind of look tye-dyed?

3 thoughts on “Stained Eggs”

  1. These are great, I was wondering if you mind if I linked to this post on my blog: 456eleven.com. Please let me know.

Leave a Reply