Let us Eat Cake

For Corey's 32nd Birthday Erika and I made chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. This family loves chocolate. I added some strawberries just to make myself feel better about all that sugar. And butter. And cocoa.

I followed the recipe exactly for the cake and it was pretty great. It was slightly crumbly, but I think a few more hours in the fridge would have done the trick. I didn't have the fudge that the frosting recipe called for, so I omitted it and used all butter rather than butter and shortening combined. Next time I will add the fudge because if you're going to make a cake this chocolaty, you should just go for it.

The girls each painted a picture frame for their Dad. Erika drew pictures of herself and Audrey to put in the frames because I wanted Corey to pick out the photos that went in them, but the drawings are so cute that he might just want to keep those in there instead.



Leave a Reply