Glorious Morning Glory Muffins



I've had this recipe saved in my bookmarks under "yum" for a few weeks and finally made them today. I made some changes to the recipe after reading a few reviews and they turned out pretty darn good. The girls really liked them. Especially warm out of the oven with butter. Lots of butter.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour (I used I cup whole wheat and one cup white)
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots (about four medium carrots)
1/2 cup raisins (I used dried cranberries)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (I left this out)
1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (replaced with 1 cup applesauce)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tins or line with cups. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.



2. Shred carrots and apple and add to raisins (or cranberries) and walnuts.



3. Mix all of the above.



4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, and oil (or applesauce).



5. Mix with dry ingredients from above.



6. Now scoop into your muffin tin and pop in the oven for 20 minutes (more like 25 minutes for me). As you can see, I stabbed each poor muffin to make sure they were ready because at 20 minutes they were still pretty runny in the middle.



7. Now get the butter and enjoy!

Leave a Reply